Thursday, March 10, 2011

We're Home from JAPAN!

Hi, everyone! Alex & I are back from Japan. We spent 4 days in Tokyo and 1 day on a 'day trip' to see the Snow Monkeys. I have so much to share with you all! I will try to get started later today.

(photo in front of a torii gate near the Zojoji Buddhist temple)
We didn't get home until midnight last night and our bodies are having trouble adjusting back to Central Standard Time. It is almost 3 pm on Thursday here. It is 6 am in Tokyo. We left Japan at 7 pm on Wednesday evening and got to Chicago at 3:30 pm on Wednesday afternoon. That's weird, isn't it?

Anyway, it was one of the most amazing trips I've ever been on, though I have loved just about everywhere we've ever went. We are actually headed out of town again tomorrow (yikes! lots of laundry & unpacking to do before then!), but then we'll be home for several weeks. We will be headed to St Louis the 2nd weekend of April for my 2nd half marathon.

I hope you all are well! And, I hope you are enjoying your school year!

-Dana

4 comments:

  1. Love that! Oh what precious memories! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear about the earthquake in Japan today. So glad you all are back home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This morning the news is all about the quake! Absolutely tragic!
    Just so amazing you were just there!
    Looking forward to seeing your pictures...and I can't help but wonder if many of the places you saw are still intact...
    Blessings, Julie

    ReplyDelete